Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sheppard wins Youth title

21/08/11 - 13:26

Eighteen-year old Jack Sheppard - Beta became the first rider to collect his 2011 SPEA FIM Trial World Championship prize, as he wrapped up the Youth class by winning the second day of the Japanese Trial Grand Prix held at the impressive Motegi Twin Ring circuit. With both the Youth and Junior riders able to drop their worst two scores in the title race, the British teenager is now likely to miss the final round in France early next month to under go an operation on his right wrist, which has troubled him all season.

Sheppard stated. "I am just happy to have got the job done. This is what we set out to achieve at the start of the year and now it has come true. My biggest feeling at the moment is relief, as my wrist has been a real worry and no one including me, knew if it would be good enough to make it to the finish."

"Obviously I am incredibly happy with the title won, however I am now already thinking about the next big challenge and that is getting my wrist operated on as soon as possible and then starting on the long road to recovery so that I can be fit and ready for next season.? Ended the new young champion.


> Back to list

Source: http://www.fim-live.com//en/media/news/news-detail/article/1313926017-sheppard-wins-youth-title/

Sylvain Guintoli Noriyuki Haga Tetsuya Harada Nicky Hayden

No comments:

Post a Comment