Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fourth row for both Pramac riders in Australia

The Pramac Racing duo were running high up on the leaderboard until the final twenty minutes of qualifying, though were unable to improve their times further at the end. The Italian preferred not to risk it as his right shoulder was giving him some pain, while the Frenchman had to switch from bike one to the second due to some technical complications. Nothing to worry about, but with time running out the best choice was to change bikes.

Loris Capirossi:
"It was hard today as my shoulder is hurting. Also at the end I had the time to try to get another fast lap in, but I choose to stay where I was, which is a good place anyway. The bike responds well on this track even if in some parts we can improve. The team has worked really hard and today I enjoyed riding again, which has been rare this year - to have fun while riding - but I hope I will have more chances before the end of the season."

Randy De Puniet:
"The plan was to push at the beginning in case it was going to rain during the practice. We did well and were fast straight away being up front in the first six positions for a while. The weather kept dry and when it was time to use the last two soft tires we found some problems starting bike number one, the one I was using. So we had to switch to bike two and the feeling wasn?t the same. We were quite unlucky as I am quite positive the third row was a sure thing. Hopefully we will get back the luck we miss out today during the race!"

Pramac Racing Team press release

Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/australia+phillip+island+qp+pramac+capirossi+de+puniet

Cal Crutchlow Chaz Davies Andrea Dovizioso Colin Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment