Friday, October 14, 2011

Checa celebrates ?a perfect day?

854_r12_checa_press_confAfter a season full of successes, race wins, podiums, fastest laps and pole positions, Carlos Checa and the Althea Racing team received the ultimate prize at the Magny-Cours circuit, as the Spaniard was crowned World Superbike Champion 2011 at the penultimate round. Thanks to Checa’s brilliant results throughout the 2011 season, Ducati also celebrated its 17th win in the Manufacturers’ championship at the end of Race 2.

Having led the 2011 championship right from the opening round, Checa brought home the 2011 World SBK title ahead of schedule. Highlights and lowlights of the season included double wins at Phillip Island, Salt Lake City, Misano, Silverstone and here at Magny-Cours, a crash at home-track Aragon and the stunning win at Ducati’s home track of Imola last week. The season has brought huge success, with the team clocking up 14 race wins and a total of 20 podium finishes over the twelve events held so far. At Silverstone, Carlos also reached the milestone of 100 SBK race starts while simultaneously scoring the 300th race win for Ducati. Carlos has thus far attained 39 podiums from 106 SBK race starts. Having accumulated a total of 467 points over the twelve rounds needed to take the title, Checa is the 14th Ducati rider to take the SBK crown, while Borgo Panigale also scores its 17th manufacturers’ title with a total of 491 points earned so far.

“Today has been a perfect day, the best day of my career and probably the best day of my life. I thank everyone, every person that has helped me throughout my career, from the beginning up until today, for helping me reach this point. I especially thank Genesio Bevilacqua, my entire team and Ducati of course. I am experiencing so many emotions and must admit that it was very difficult to keep my concentration in the final stages of race one. Then, in race two, I tried to race as fast as I could, doing what I like to do best, and was able to win once more. Now we can relax and relish in this unforgettable moment.”

Go to Source

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/IBShh7WWcPk/Checa+celebrates+a+perfect+day

Norifumi Abe Karel Abraham Kousuke Akiyoshi Alex de Angelis

No comments:

Post a Comment